Your endocrine system is made up of glands found throughout the body. These glands, which produce hormones, send hormones into the bloodstream or into the fluid around cells, and receptors to be distributed among organs and tissues, and “programmed” to respond to the hormones. Essentially …
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells made up of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. One unique thing about glutathione is that the body is able to make it in the liver, which is not true of most antioxidants. Glutathione has many important …
What you need to know about Toxicity and why Detoxification is so important for your health and well-being.
Toxicity is a build up of toxins with the body. It affects every area of your body and your health. Detoxification is the process and pathway in which your body removes toxins. There are two key detox pathways that your hard-working liver is organized around: phase 1 and phase 2.
Phase 1 is oxidation, whereby your liver utilizes oxygen and enzymes to remove toxins by making them soluble in water, so they can be excreted in your urine and poop more easily. Phase 1 is essential to detox. Phase 2 is called conjugation, which is necessary to remove the metabolites. Conjugation is how your liver combines oxidized metabolites with sulfur, methylation, glucuronidation, by adding certain amino acids or organic acids, and ultimately excretes them in bile.
Most environmental toxins overactivate in phase 1, and then exceed the capacity of your liver to complete the detoxification in phase 2. When that happens, you generate signs of toxicity.
Here are 6 signs of Toxicity.
1. Fluid Retention– Fluid retention is your body’s signal that it is working to flush itself out as there are factors disrupting your pathway to detoxification.
2. Increase in belly fat– Your body is unable to move and distribute the toxins being caught in your visceral fat.
3. Cravings and blood sugar issues– This related to your body being able to distribute and absorb nutrients and vitamins. Toxicity interferes with your body’s ability to absorb necessary vitamins and nutrients as they become caught in the toxicity.
4. Abdominal bloating– Bloating is a common issue with retaining water. Intestinal distress and inability to release excess fluid and excretion is a sure sign of toxicity.
5. Weight loss resistance– Unable to loss weight is a common problem for those with toxicity issues. Toxicity interrupts the flow and process for detoxification and purifying the body. This metabolic function is essential for weight loss. No amount of exercise and clean eating will in itself help with weight loss resistance caused by toxicity.
6. Insomnia, especially between 1am- 4pm– Your body is at it’s greatest REM- rest sleep during this time. When your body is awake at this time it is a sign it needs more help and support to reduce the toxic load it is carrying for improved rest and recovery.
To unburden your liver here is what you need to do:
1. Eat more antioxidants such as berries, citrus and spinach.
3. Metagenics Clear Change Detox Antioxidant protection & detoxification support- promotes vitality and health by supporting balanced activity of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification pathways. This formula provides methylated vitamin B12 and folic acid along with nutrients designed to enhance the activities of several liver detoxification enzymes.*
Learning to implement and apply good habits in every area of your life can be challenging especially with so many time commitments. It takes discipline, focus and a plan that works for you. Overcoming disruptive eating patterns, excuses for why you’re not working out, finding …
Moving forward, leveling up all has a foundation in change. Albert Einstein stated, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
Simon Sinek a thought leader of our generation teaches about Finite and Infinite. “Finite players play to beat the people around them. Infinite players play to be better than themselves.”
With knowledge and wisdom you can unravel the limits, past programming and negativity which stands in your way to better your life, personally, professionally, and intimately.
Your experiences have been grounded in either lack, fear, survival or love, contribution and belonging. They are the 2 sides of the opposite, also seen as the finite and infinite. The finite sets out to have a winner and a loser. The infinite wants contribution and belonging. Simon states, “The trouble comes when a finite player gets into an infinite game. Then the finite player will eventually run out of the will or resources to compete and ultimately concede the game.”
“Infinite games have no winners or losers. Rules often don’t exist, and if they do, they are fuzzy and open to interpretation. The playing field is undefined and progress is hard to measure. Opponents change frequently, as does the game itself. There are no clear winners or losers in the infinite game. Competitors drop out of the infinite game when they lose the will or resources to stop playing. The goal is to outlast your competition.”
To the original point, the foundation of moving forward, leveling up and growth is change, which must come from being an infinite player. Being rooted and grounded in your beliefs, talents and desire to contribute and play by giving your best. To always work smart and work hard. Strong ethics and positive mindset.
This rocks the core of the finite game where change was not an option, focusing on winning at all costs and whatever it takes to win.
When you understand polarity and where you are grounded in your foundation, you can see your own energy at work. Red is the color of your foundation, your roots and sense of belonging. You live here, within your own soul trusting in your work and your mission. Your actions are stable, calculated and precise based on your own goals and inclusive of the well being of others.
You find passion and purpose in your work.
Change comes from your desire to increase, improve your results and consistently give your best. Change incorporates bringing in new people, a well versed team and individuality. Here stability partnered with mobility move you forward, growing and change while maintaining flow and balance.
Intellectual Stimulation breaks you free of the glass ceiling you hit up against every time you’re looking for greater gains in health and well being.
August Meditation for Business Professionals focused on resources, your resources of Time, Energy and Money being external resources. Learning to hold your inner resource of energy through personal power is a new way to be in relationship, where you have the confidence, courage and inner wisdom to speak up, set healthy boundaries and ask for what you want.
Through this meditation we explored energy as personal power- a new way to understand your value, worth, truth, desire and how we show up in the world. Action, the ability to act, courage, will, determination all come through the power of energy.
If you are not taking actions, where are you limiting your personal power, and holding back your energy?
If you are guarded, holding your energy, personal power close to you, where are you afraid of being seen, vulnerable- not able to fully embrace your power because of past programming or fears?
During our experience of Meditation each participant was able to clearly see what they want more of, personally, professionally and in lifestyle. The conversation was open, revealing, expressive and most importantly giving everyone permission to say what they wanted, being heard, validated and owning their own power!
Looking forward to seeing you all on September 19th as Industrious hosts an Open House. Join me for a mid morning Meditation details to follow.
Supporting your health through practices which evolve and build your strength and power in each area of health, you create a more sustainable, impactful and fruitful way to manage your own life.