If you know taking better care of your health is important to you the habits you build upon are essential. Non-negotiable to hold you powerful in the changes.
Tag: well being
This year has proven to be a year of great change,especially for the medical community. The underlying issues faced with health are more than sickness, they are dis-ease, where the body mind and emotions are not at ease. Now more than ever a light is …
They thought I was crazy.
“Who would need or want what you have to offer”, they said.
I was determined in my ethics, clear in my feelings and actions. I knew without a shadow of a doubt my head and heart were aligned, in integrity, stable in thought and feeling.
“Why would you do that”, they interrogated. Repeatedly
I spent hours at the gym training. I had a plan in place that gave me time every morning to focus on my health and set up my day. Before my work began, training clients, and teaching classes. And my foods; clean, purposeful and energizing.
After all they were Dr’s, lawyers and business professionals, their version of success held more relevance to happiness, health and success than mine could.
There was no proof to my ideologies.
Who was I to prove them wrong?
I decided the idea of setting up challenges which would give me opportunity to test my skills, nourish my strengths and have me show up everyday was a greater fire starter in me than following the ideologies presented to me.
Yes, I was willing to take it on, challenge their version of succes, health and living.
I focused, set my path and stayed the course. I build a foundation for lifestyle which includes health, success and growth. It includes financial and spiritual wealth, mental and emotional health and habits which are grounded and practical for success.
My KPI’s have been resilience, excellence, detail, and brain training actions
In order to excel and exceed one must be willing to go beyond the current standards and norms.
I had just decided I didn’t want to fit into their version of success.
Success to those of you who desire more from living and your lifestyle want your health, fitness and wellness goals to be at the forefront of your living. You understand Optimal Performance is the foundation for success.
This busts through the myth that success comes from having a specific career.
A career is a choice. Growth, Personal Development, and Innovation are optional.
What options are you adding and Implementing to your health and success?
I’ve identified 3 stages to focus your mindset, gaining clarity, confidence, concentration and focused actions for success.
What Mindeset is keeping you safe?
What Mindset is necessary for growth?
What Mindset is the focus for succeeding?
Are you up for the challenge?
Your call to action awaits you. Message me to get started.
Your endocrine system is made up of glands found throughout the body. These glands, which produce hormones, send hormones into the bloodstream or into the fluid around cells, and receptors to be distributed among organs and tissues, and “programmed” to respond to the hormones. Essentially …
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells made up of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. One unique thing about glutathione is that the body is able to make it in the liver, which is not true of most antioxidants. Glutathione has many important …
What you need to know about Toxicity and why Detoxification is so important for your health and well-being.
Toxicity is a build up of toxins with the body. It affects every area of your body and your health. Detoxification is the process and pathway in which your body removes toxins. There are two key detox pathways that your hard-working liver is organized around: phase 1 and phase 2.
Phase 1 is oxidation, whereby your liver utilizes oxygen and enzymes to remove toxins by making them soluble in water, so they can be excreted in your urine and poop more easily. Phase 1 is essential to detox. Phase 2 is called conjugation, which is necessary to remove the metabolites. Conjugation is how your liver combines oxidized metabolites with sulfur, methylation, glucuronidation, by adding certain amino acids or organic acids, and ultimately excretes them in bile.
Most environmental toxins overactivate in phase 1, and then exceed the capacity of your liver to complete the detoxification in phase 2. When that happens, you generate signs of toxicity.
Here are 6 signs of Toxicity.
1. Fluid Retention– Fluid retention is your body’s signal that it is working to flush itself out as there are factors disrupting your pathway to detoxification.
2. Increase in belly fat– Your body is unable to move and distribute the toxins being caught in your visceral fat.
3. Cravings and blood sugar issues– This related to your body being able to distribute and absorb nutrients and vitamins. Toxicity interferes with your body’s ability to absorb necessary vitamins and nutrients as they become caught in the toxicity.
4. Abdominal bloating– Bloating is a common issue with retaining water. Intestinal distress and inability to release excess fluid and excretion is a sure sign of toxicity.
5. Weight loss resistance– Unable to loss weight is a common problem for those with toxicity issues. Toxicity interrupts the flow and process for detoxification and purifying the body. This metabolic function is essential for weight loss. No amount of exercise and clean eating will in itself help with weight loss resistance caused by toxicity.
6. Insomnia, especially between 1am- 4pm– Your body is at it’s greatest REM- rest sleep during this time. When your body is awake at this time it is a sign it needs more help and support to reduce the toxic load it is carrying for improved rest and recovery.
To unburden your liver here is what you need to do:
1. Eat more antioxidants such as berries, citrus and spinach.
3. Metagenics Clear Change Detox Antioxidant protection & detoxification support- promotes vitality and health by supporting balanced activity of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification pathways. This formula provides methylated vitamin B12 and folic acid along with nutrients designed to enhance the activities of several liver detoxification enzymes.*
Learning to implement and apply good habits in every area of your life can be challenging especially with so many time commitments. It takes discipline, focus and a plan that works for you. Overcoming disruptive eating patterns, excuses for why you’re not working out, finding …
Starting out in your career you had a plan, a vision and a way to focus on your investments, your savings. You knew you would increase in earning through growth of your career and in your investments.
How about your plan for health and well being? Maybe you’ve been on an exercise plan, a nutrition plan. A plan that has worked for you, keeps things feeling like your moving.
What if, you desire something greater in your health and well being? Are you willing to put in a greater investment of risk? Risk of doing something different to achieve greater results.
It’s not more time that is needed.
Intellectual Stimulation is necessary. Intellectual Stimulation breaks you free of the glass ceiling you hit up against every time you’re looking for greater gains in health and well being.
To disrupt your status quo in health and well being and continue growth, success and achieving new heights stimulation of your creativity, innovation, critical thinking and problem solving are necessary. Risk what you know for something new. This is where your true journey to health and fitness begins.
You let go. You open to new possibilities. You allow for new methods of fitness and nutrition to inspire you. Inspiration is the birthplace of change. You’re on a new path. One that has you finding excitement, passion in your actions and a sense of joy towards your goals.
Joy is an inner feeling. It’s not the outward result, it is the driving force towards your results. Think of a baseball pitcher. Each time he goes out to play he must have a level of joy- excitement and passion. Status quo for a baseball pitcher means he no longer has the fire necessary to win and play.
Invest in your health and well being. Take on a new plan. Maximize your time and energy, breaking free from the status quo.